Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rather Unfortunate Enemies

Everyone has an arch enemy, but until now, you never knew who your enemy was. That all changed one grueling night when, while on vacation, your evening was ruined by your enemy. What’s more peculiar is that your enemy is a famous celebrity! Write about your evening, who your famous arch enemy is and what you did to redeem the night.
Post your response (500 words or fewer) in the comments below.
Rather Unfortunate Enemies

    The walls were darkened and dripping with dew. I sat hunched on the cool metal bunk with my head between my hands.
    How could this happen? I was just on vacation for God’s sake!
    “Ma’am?”
    I looked up to see a male officer holding a baton before him like a cane.
    “It appears someone has posted your bail,” he said gruffly. Then looking embarrassed, he said, “Sorry for clubbing you earlier. I guess I got caught up in the moment.”
    I stared at him incredulously, but instead of answering, I hobbled my way out of the darkened cell and made my way to the front of the jail.
    The lobby was empty except for a lone man—a strange contrast to the ordinary surroundings in his pressed black tuxedo. Joseph Morgan. Part of me was still amazed to see him in the flesh—the star ofThe Originalsand the other part of me recoiled at the sight of him.
    “Ah, there you are love,” he said, his voice velvety smooth. “You’ll noticed I posted your bail, as sort of a peace offering. Do you accept?”
    “I was just sight seeing and you abducted me!”
    “Yes.”
    “You tied me up and threatened to kill me!”
    “Yes.”
     I stared at him in exasperation.
    “I don’t even feel safe being in the same room with you!”
    The words jarred his cool composure, “You? I’m the one who shouldn’t feel safe! First you untie yourself–”
    “You’re lousy at tying knots, buddy.”
    “Then you stab me! Who does that?” he exclaimed, lowering his tux jacket to reveal a bandaged shoulder.
    “Who abducts people!”
    “It’s called acting, love. I told you, I thought you were the extra,” he said. Then with a small smile, “It was rather insane, wasn’t it?”
    He was exuding charm from every pore. He waited with expectant eyes.
   “That’s not going to work. The police clubbed me because of you.”
   “Yes, that was rather unfortunate.”
   “I lost my purse—with my wallet in it. I can’t even afford to eat tonight!”
   He gave me a half smile and whispered, “I can fix that.”
   My mouth dropped open and my heart started racing.
   “Are you asking me out to dinner?”
    He stepped closer and stroked my cheek with the back of his hand, “I’ll do you one better.”
   “What’s that?” I asked, my voice hoarse.
   “How about I kill you for real?” He smiled viciously, his eyes smoldering.
   I stepped backwards in shock, tripping over my feet as I did.
   He grabbed my arms and steadied me. “Are you all right, love? I was just asking you if you wanted to play that extra. It appears she didn’t show.”
   “Right, the extra,” I echoed. Then flashing my first smile of the night, “Deal.”



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home